PURPOSE OF PARALLEL GENERATOR SYNCHRONIZATION
Generator synchronization is a parallel connection of multiple generators. This is a form that requires high technical experience and requires a technician to be professional in installation and operation. Therefore, before using the solution, you must clearly define the need when to use a generator synchronization panel solution or a generator parallel to the grid:
– When the project has a total required capacity greater than the capacity of a generator.
– When you want to save fuel in case of many loads.
– When your system works, it needs constant power and does not want to be interrupted when transferring loads from one generator to another.
– When your project load is large, important, needs a stable power source and allows a power outage of only a few seconds or can’t be lost.
To know more about the use and details of the actual case of generator synchronization TTTT, please watch the clip below with TTTT: Combine the SICES GC600 and SICES DST4602 controllers showing how to synchronize two generators using the same input MECC ALTE alternator model ECP34 1M4 C (50kVA)
Parallel generator with Mecc Alte alternator & Sices synchronizing controller – Source: Mecc Alte
INFORMATION OF GENERATOR SYCHRONIZATION PANEL, ALTERNATOR & GOVERNOR
Main components of 2 synchronizing generators:
- Transmitter model Mecc Alte ECP34 1M4 C, with a capacity (Prime/Standby) of 50kVA / 55Kva.
- Transmitter 1 uses a GAC ESD5500-II governor and Sices DST4602 Evolution controller.
- Transmitter 2 uses a GAC EEG7000 and Sices GC600 generator synchronization panel.
- Each generator has a separate MCCB and is mounted directly on the common load cabinet.
- Canbus is used to connect two controllers to perform synchronization and load sharing.
SYNCHRONIZATION AND LOAD SHARING
GENERATOR SYNCHRONIZATION PROCEDURE
Generator synchronization procedure will instructed in detail as below:
- Start generator 1 with the Start button on Sices DST4602 Evolution, to supply the common power cabinet.
- Press the GCB button on the screen GC600 on machine 2 will operate and automatically start generator 2.
- Press the GCB button on GC600 so that the generator connects to the common power cabinet.
- When parameters such as V, Hz, Phase are similar (recognized by looking at the oscillation bar approaching 0 and the Phase Angel button (middle button) shows the phase angle on the screen, the green light is on, the MCCB automatically closes and the process 2 synchronous generators completed.
Reference: Source protection
Reference: Sices ATS115
IMPLEMENTATION OF PARALLEL GENERATORS LOAD SHARING
Depending on the needs and purposes of the customer, the technician can install different load sharing levels (usually if there is a load of 60% or more on a generator, the load will be divided) or choose a machine for parallel generators load sharing. which transmitter to use before and after. When both generators are synchronized, the load is below 60%, one of the generators will disconnect MCCB.
In this case, we use generator 2, on the GC600, the MCCB is closed and the total load is 27kW, equivalent to about 33kVA (> 60% of the generator capacity), now GC600 will transmit a signal to command DST4602 to operate. dynamic, and share the load equally, it only takes a few seconds. When the auxiliary load is below 60%, generator 1 automatically disconnects MCCB.
Above is a practical example of synchronizing 2 generators using MECC ALTE transmitter model ECP34 1M4 C using SICES DST4602 and SICES GC600,
If you need more information about synchronized controller Sices GC400, please contact us:
TTTT GLOBAL co Ltd,.
Address: Landmark 4 Building, Vinhomes Central Park, 720A Dien Bien Phu Str, Ward 22, Binh Thanh District, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
Hotline: +84286 2728 334