In order to transmit power over long distances and to be able to use electricity as required, it is necessary not only to have power plants but also to have transformer stations to be able to operate the transmission system efficiently. best. In the substation, a transformer is a device indispensable, it plays the role of a voltage converter in accordance with the needs of transmission and use of electricity.
You may be interested in the following articles:
- How many nuclear power plants are there in Vietnam?.
- Learn about the Scada system in a hydroelectric plant.
What is a transformer?
Transformer is a static magnetic device, operating on the principle of electromagnetic induction whose main function is to change the voltage of the line without changing the frequency. Transformers can only change voltage for alternating currents or pulsed currents.
A transformer is a device TTTT used in power transmission and distribution systems, transformers are also used in rectifier circuits, voltage converters for specific equipment and laboratory machines. … Usually transformers will have two or more windings placed together on a magnetic circuit.
What are the main components of a transformer?
The theoretical structure of a transformer consists of main parts such as steel core, windings, case and other auxiliary parts on each main part.
The transformer has the following main parts:
- Steel core is also known as the magnetic circuit of the transformer: In a transformer, the steel core is used to conduct magnetic flux and is made of good magnetic conductive materials, often coupled from electrical engineering steels into a single core. closed loop circuit, these steel plates are very thin from 0.3 to 0.5mm and are painted with electrical insulation. The steel core consists of two main parts, the pillar and the shackle, the pillar is the part where the winding wire is placed and the shackle is the connecting part to form a closed magnetic circuit.
- Transformer winding whose main function is to receive and transmit energy. Winding wire is usually selected as copper or aluminum wire, round or rectangular cross-section, insulated outside. Transformers usually have two or more windings depending on the duty of the transformer. There are two types of windings: primary winding and secondary winding, with the number of turns on each being different depending on the type of transformer different from the winding of the alternator.
- The transformer housing responsible for protecting the transformer is made of a variety of materials. They are usually made from plastic, wood, steel, cast iron or corrugated iron. On the lid of the tank, there are usually parts such as: Insulators, oil reducers, insurance pipes, thermometers, relays, actuators, etc.
See more: Common problems when generator diodes are faulty.
What is a transformer used for and its working principle
What are transformers used for?
Transformers are used in substations, industrial parks, transmission poles and even in households. Transformers in substations have the main function of boosting or lowering voltage so that they can transmit or use electricity in accordance with requirements. Transformers installed in industrial parks or transmission poles are usually low-voltage transformers used for the purpose of providing electricity for the process of use and production. As for households, it is necessary to use transformers for the purpose of using low voltage 110V for specific equipment with an input voltage of 110V.
Working principle of transformer
The working principle of transformer is based on two phenomena: Electromagnetic induction (the variation of magnetic flux in the coil creates an induced potential difference) and the phenomenon of current flowing through the conductors out magnetic.
The generated current flows in the primary winding with the primary voltage and magnetic field varying in the iron core. This variable magnetic field creates in the secondary circuit a secondary voltage, so the primary side potential can change the secondary side potential through the iron core magnetic field. This variation can be adjusted through the number of turns on the iron core.
See more: Instructions for maintaining and changing generator oil periodically.
TTTT GLOBAL co Ltd,.
Address: Landmark 4 Building, Vinhomes Central Park, 720A Dien Bien Phu Str, Ward 22, Binh Thanh District, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
Hotline: +84286 2728 334
CATEGORY: TECHNICAL QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS