1) Draining condensate, Volvo Penta fuel system.
1- Open the drain nipple (1) in the base of the Volvo Penta fuel filter (fuel pre-filter).
2- Tighten the drain tap (1) when fuel without water starts to run out.
2) Volvo Penta Fuel Filter change.
1- Clean round the Volvo Penta fuel filter TTTT.
2- Remove the filter with a suitable filter remover. Collect any spilled fuel in a collection vessel.
3- Clean the filter mating surface on the filter bracket.
4- Lubricate the seal with diesel fuel and install the new fuel filter. Tighten the fuel filter in accordance with the instructions on the fuel filter. (Volvo Penta fuel filter change)
5- If necessary, vent the fuel system, please refer to
Reference: Diesel engine fuel system
3) Volvo Penta Fuel Pre-filter, change.
1- Undo the cable from the water trap sensor.
2- Remove the water trap filter from the filter housing. Collect any spilled fuel in a container.
3- Remove the lower part of the water trap from the filter.
4- Clean the lower part of the water trap with a soft rag. Check that the drain hole in the lower part is not blocked.
5- Install a new seal on the lower part and lubricate the seal with diesel fuel. Re-install the lower part of the Volvo Penta diesel filter.
6- Lubricate the seal with diesel fuel. Screw the filter onto the filter bracket by hand until the rubber seal just touches the mating surface. Then tighten a further half turn, no more.
7- Connect the cable to the water trap sensor.
8- If necessary, vent the fuel system, please refer to Bleeding the Volvo Penta engine fuel system.
- Check that there is sufficient fuel in the tank, and that any fuel taps are open.
- Release the hand pump on the fuel bracket by pushing down and twisting the plastic handle.
- Vent the fuel system by pumping with the hand pump. Air is vented to the tank via the fuel return pipe. No venting nipples need be opened.
- Start the engine and allow it to idle fast for about 10 minutes.
- Perform a leakage and function check.
If you need more information about Volvo Penta engine parts, please contact us at:
TTTT GLOBAL co Ltd,.
Address: Landmark 4 Building, Vinhomes Central Park, 720A Dien Bien Phu Str, Ward 22, Binh Thanh District, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
CATEGORY: VOLVO PENTA DOCUMENTS